I Believe an Introduction is in Order.

Gentlemen. Ladies. Welcome to A Single Man's Diary. You can call me Duke. This diary will only be posted on by your's truly with 100% genuine stories about my interactions or observations with the opposite sex, unless told otherwise. Some of what you may read will be of sexual nature, and possibly offensive. If you feel you have to comment, go right ahead, what's done is done. I will also give you suggestions of what I have learned from my many dealings with women. All the people mentioned will be given aliases to keep their identities secret. I will post a different case (my interactions with a specific woman) at least once a month, and will start from the beginning. These cases will not necessarily be in order of when they occurred, but I'll do my best. Since some of the subjects of cases appear in the recalling of other cases, I may use different aliases in different cases, but I will never use the same alias for two different subjects. When referring to a subject's "best friend" I will use the name Diamond. When referring to a subject's "ex" I will use the name Squid. I hope you enjoy your stay, and return back soon.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Subject Zero. Code Name: Eraser. Heart Breaker. Part 1.

Everyone probably has a story similar to this one, but you could say I fell in love once. This idea of love since then has seemed not of my interest because of Eraser. See I did the tragic mistake, fall in love with a very close friend. What makes it even worse is finding out I had a chance with her, and I left it slip me by. Our friendship lasted 5 years to this point, and yes for most of that time I was in love with her. It just seemed every time I got the courage up to do something about my feelings she had a new boyfriend. A fatal mistake, allowing the friend zoning to happen.

Supposedly she had no idea up until I straight up ended the friendship and explained how I felt. Well I gave the friendship a summer after telling her, but again she had a boyfriend at the time. I went to her one night near the end of summer to tell her it was over, and I didn’t want to see her again. It took a lot for me to do it, but I couldn’t stand being around her but not being with her. The worst thing about it, and what I have ironically turned my views into, was that she didn’t understand the big thing about being in a relationship. She felt I meant more to her than any of her boyfriends. She honestly believed that all a relationship was, was having someone you could fool around with. Ironically now that is all I look to most of my own relationships. I actually found it funny talking to her that night, because she said I was one of the few people who actually knew her, and how she couldn’t understand me being about to like her knowing all that. I don’t really regret anything that happened though, because looking at how she viewed relationships, I knew I could never have a genuine relationship with her and it was better that we just stopped talking. She could have even offered to dump her boyfriend and try it out with me, but after 5 years, I was done. Some of you will say that it was a stupid idea, but I had to make a decision. Besides I honestly believe now that if you have any form of attraction to a girl you can’t be just friends with her. I could keep going on about Eraser, but you all get the just of it…. For now.

*Pointer* Be able to take the consequences associated with your actions. I once fooled around with an ex’s best friend no less than a month after breaking up with her, and I had to deal with the shit storm that followed. So if you cheat on the person you’re in a relationship with (something I am extremely against, yes I will fool around with an ex’s best friend but will never cheat on a girlfriend), or something along the same lines, take responsibility. Being drunk is not an excuse either, because as a wise friend told me, a drunken man’s actions are just a sober man’s thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dreamhost reviews